Forums » Photography

What are the best locations in NYC to take a Winter Photo?

• 397 posts
    January 17, 2024 12:35 AM PST

Hello, filmmakers from New York!

Here at Student Filmmakers, we currently have an ongoing "Winter Photo Contest" that you are all welcome to join! Even though the purpose of our contest is not just to showcase pictures of snow but rather images taken during winter in different parts of the world, yesterday, I saw Kim's video about how it started to snow in New York. If the weather outside motivates you to take your camera and capture the magic of winter in NYC, here are a few locations that might be on your bucket list. Don't forget to stay safe!

The first location that I want to suggest is situated in Central Park. The Bethesda Terrace and Fountain are beautiful in any season, but the snow brings a serene atmosphere to it.

Alternatively, if you're aiming for a classical shot, the Bow Bridge covered in snow against the city skyline is a great choice.

If you prefer to venture into a crowded place, Times Square is a great alternative for you. The bright lights, billboards, and the crowds of people passing through can create a vibrant and dynamic picture.

The deadline for our contest is March 20, 2024, and you can enter up to three pictures. Let me know if you need help entering our contest!

I am looking forward to seeing your pictures!