Forums » General Forum

Need Advices for Best Film School

• February 7, 2008 12:03 PM PST
    Hey guys! I'm a newbie in filmmaking, and im looking for best school in filmmaking and directing, any suggestions are appreciated, my friend suggested a filmschool in Asia, Phils which is located in Cebu The International academy of Film and Television. What you think guys? have you heard of it? please help me out. [link="http://filmschool.ph"]JUST NEW IN THIS CRAFT[/link]
  • February 21, 2008 1:48 PM PST
    The biggest and most well known are the USC School of Film and NYU's Tisch School for Film. Some other notable ones are Chapman University in California, University of Central Florida (Go Knights!!!), Full Sail (more of a tech. school), and Elon University in North Carolina.

One school that is great buy not well known at all is Valencia Community College in Orlando, FL. Every year students work on a full length feature film with industry professionals and real talent. Last year they did a film with Ryder Strong from Boy Meets World Fame and before that one with Corey Feldman from Goonies fame.

Here is the real deal, you can go anywhere and get into the biz. Its all about what you do to make it happen. You need to jump on every chance you get, you need to learn beyond the classroom and you need to always be humble. Yes, USC and NYU are great and you will network with many people that will become the future of Hollywood, but its all about what you want to do and how hard you are willing to work for it.
  • March 26, 2008 9:39 AM PDT

I suggest checking out New york Film Academy. They have film programs in different parts of the country and it's very hands on. There's a lot of international students and all the teachers are professionals in the entertainment industry (one of my professors was a producer for Michael Mahn and for Disney). It's a private institution and it's worth checking out!

• April 10, 2008 12:49 PM PDT

Film schools are great but check out my show and get free dowloads it will get you started.

Listen in to 123 Film! talk radio show at....

Friday 12.00pm (Pacific Time)

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/123-Film

• May 9, 2007 8:40 PM PDT
    I have used the HVX and absolutely love it, I have not used Sony's HVR.

So as a comparison I can't tell you very much, but I promise you that you will not be disappointed by the HVX's performance, as long as you are prepared and willing to work through workflow issues, but it runs smooth once you get it down.