Forums » General Forum

The Corporate Video Production Process: A Complete Guide

• 5 posts
    March 17, 2020 5:30 PM PDT

What is Corporate Video Production?

In short, it’s just how it sounds: production of a video for a corporation. In long, it’s the creation of interesting video content to help any company with their marketing, communication, or in-house training. Video can be one of the best tools, not just when selling a product but when you want to, say, introduce someone at a conference, or announce to your employees that there’s a change to their benefits, or even to catalogue the success you’ve received over the years. Once your company’s made the decision to create something like this, it may seem a bit daunting, but that’s when we step in. Just like with any complex process, a trusted professional can make all the difference. When involving expert creatives you’ll be assured your time and resources will be used effectively to create something of the highest quality. You have plenty of things to worry about, let the pros worry about this!

What does a corporate video look like?

Just like any other form of media, there are several different types of videos that a production company can help you create for your company. An expert team can take the information you provide, including what your goals are and where you might use this video, and give suggestions of what type of videos might work best.

Corporate video production sounds kind of boring. What’s the deal?

The reality is that it is an important part of many video business’ bottom line. It is the “bread and butter” as we often call it of most production companies. Most videos are based around talking heads, b-roll of a product or facility, and some sort of narration and corporate sounding music. And while that might sound a little dull, there is actually a whole new world of possibilities out there for ​corporate videos​. With the advent of sliders, brushless gimbals (think Steadicam but more versatile), aerial platforms, and motion control time-lapse rigs, there are actually a multitude of options out there for a director or DP who wants to do more with his or her videos. There is also a level of sophistication that is rising every year. We are no longer in the ‘80s where cheesy spokesmen talking directly to the camera with bad tv news cinematography mentalities are sufficient. These days there is a crowded marketplace full of qualified producers and creatives that have extremely professional tools at unbelievably low costs at their disposal. Visually speaking, you can make a beautiful video pretty easily these days. So where does that leave us?

As always, story is king. How you tell the message and what you help the audience walk away with is always going to outshine technology. The focus and specificity with which you deliver the message is also more important than ever. This is because with all these tools at hand we run the risk of doing things because “they look cool” or using a piece of gear just because we made an investment in it. The point is to know your audience, know your objective, and deliver the goods as simply and effectively as possible. Technology will continue to provide endless creative possibilities, but without good creative, solid production processes, and an experienced company facilitating this, they will just be possibilities. Read more

• 39 posts
    March 21, 2020 1:01 PM PDT

Hi Blake, Thank you for posting. I am still working on this section of our website network and hoping it will work out. I have had so many problems with the socialengine software but I am glad you can post and it's working and thank you for being a long time member! If there is anything I can help with I will.

Truly

Kim

This post was edited by Kim Welch at March 21, 2020 1:02 PM PDT
    • 397 posts
    May 17, 2020 8:10 AM PDT

Hello Blake and welcome to the forum!

Thank you for posting this guide, I have read it and I have found it extremely useful for a project that I am currently working on.

• 5 posts
    May 17, 2020 11:02 AM PDT

Glad to hear and thanks for the feedback Maura!