Forums » General Forum

New Prep Show series on YouTube

• 9 posts
    June 30, 2020 1:22 AM PDT

We at Hollywood Camera Work have just launched a new Prep Show series that I think will interest you.

In the first episode, legendary director John Badham (Saturday Night Fever, Wargames, Supernatural) talks with Per Holmes about directing movie stars: How are stars different from 'normal' actors, do they need more direction or less? And many other interesting questions that will be answered during the show.

In the second episode we help Alex Ferrari (director and host of IndieFilmHustle) adapt his compelling autobiography: Shooting For The Mob into a screenplay.

In the third episode we work with two talented actors to workshop scenes and try out different techniques. Per Holmes is working with Zach Meiser and Katie Mancuso as they workshop a scene from The Orville.

Prep Show on our website:
    https://www.hollywoodcamerawork.com/prep-show.html

Prep Show on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN8bm47tM6_ztCTu1WlRvlw

The show is also available on Apple podcast and on Spotify.

Our vision with creating Prep Show is basically to host a show where we are helping actors/writers/directors prep and workshop their stuff, and where we pick the brains of smart people. So far, we have put out these first 3 episodes and there will be many more coming. We have furthermore decided to give the Prep Show content away for free, so there is absolutely nothing to pay and everyone can enjoy it and learn from it without any costs attached.

Please do check it out and we would of course be happy should you decide to spread the word in whatever way possible.

This post was edited by Maura Nicolaita at February 12, 2021 1:18 PM PST
    • 9 posts
    June 30, 2020 1:23 AM PDT

Also we need to find a guest for a future episode of Prep Show where we work with a guru on how to monetize an indie film. If you've recently made a movie and need help with this, get in touch!

• 397 posts
    July 18, 2020 11:56 AM PDT

Hello there and thank you for posting on our forums!

I have looked on the YouTube channel and I must admit that I enjoyed watching your videos. They are very educational!

• 8 posts
    November 17, 2020 11:30 AM PST

Wow, congrats on your new series! What a terrific find... I'm queuing up your videos on YouTube now, haha. I especially look forward to your first episode with John Badham. I'm a massive fan of his book, "I'll Be In My Trailer."

In case you're interested, I published my own book about filmmaking the other week. It's called "Gofers: On the Front Lines of Film and Television," and it's all about the world of film/TV/commercial production from the entry-level viewpoints of production assistants ("PAs" for short, a.k.a. "gofers"). I'll leave the trailer for the book below:

I welcome ALL comments, questions and feedback. Feel free to message me anytime.

Thanks again for sharing! Sending my best,

Daniel Scarpati

This post was edited by Daniel Scarpati at November 17, 2020 11:30 AM PST
    • 9 posts
    December 16, 2020 8:10 AM PST
    Thanks guys! Your book looks very interesting. We've been busy lately with getting some other stuff off the ground, but will hopefully soon be able to return with some new episodes.
    • 8 posts
    December 16, 2020 8:14 AM PST
    H. Vind said:
    Thanks guys! Your book looks very interesting. We've been busy lately with getting some other stuff off the ground, but will hopefully soon be able to return with some new episodes.

No problem--thank you as well, Vind! Excited to see new episodes in the (hopefully near) future.

And should you be open to having me as a guest or mentioning my book in an episode, I'm positive your audience would be interested in the stories I share... no pressure, but feel free to contact me anytime! 

• 9 posts
    December 16, 2020 8:24 AM PST
    As we don't do interviews, we'd have have an angle, a problem to be solved or a project to be worked out with a small panel of experts. Our guests are either there as experts in a field helping someone with their project, or they are the persons with the project that needs some clarity or help. Would you be able to present something along these lines for our viewers?
    • 8 posts
    December 16, 2020 8:39 AM PST
    H. Vind said:
    As we don't do interviews, we'd have have an angle, a problem to be solved or a project to be worked out with a small panel of experts. Our guests are either there as experts in a field helping someone with their project, or they are the persons with the project that needs some clarity or help. Would you be able to present something along these lines for our viewers?

I completely understand. Similar to how John Badham spoke about his fantastic book in the scope of working out problems with actors, I'm sure that I could present a problem-solving angle... I'm currently speaking virtually to college classes as a veteran PA--someone who started out with zero connections and found his way in to a very niche community. PAs as "essential film workers" is another topic that hasn't been discussed much during this pandemic. I've been hearing first-hand accounts that many of the COVID-19 preventative measures have been falling on the shoulders of PAs, so that's another angle I might be able to contribute to. Regardless, I'm happy to contribute in any way I can. =)

• 9 posts
    December 16, 2020 8:47 AM PST
    Give us a call on the number on our website and talk with Per Holmes.
    • 29 posts
    February 12, 2021 1:15 PM PST

For some reason, the links are not working properly. I tried clicking on them but nothing shows... :(

• 55 posts
    February 12, 2021 1:16 PM PST
    Alishia Lester said:

For some reason, the links are not working properly. I tried clicking on them but nothing shows... :(

Same here

• 397 posts
    February 12, 2021 1:18 PM PST

No worries, I have looked into this issue and I have found the right links and edited the initial post. The links are working now. :)