Forums » Composers

MAJOR MUSIC DOCUMENTARY SEEKS COMPOSER$$!!

• November 6, 2008 12:19 AM PST
    ***COMPOSERS: PLEASE POST YOUR MYSPACE URLS and WEBSITES DISPLAYING YOUR WORK --Thanks!!

Hey Studentfilmmakers,

A few buddies and I are producing a music documentary titled Rest In Beats (play on Rest In Peace). It is a compilation of intimate conversations with established record producers in various genres, as they pay tribute to the legends and pioneers in music history.

We are looking for creative and serious composers to contract on a few sections of the documentary. Please, STUDENTS ONLY. Aside from a few legal advisors, we are all students producing this film and we hope to remain consistent with that when considering composers.

**PLEASE POST MYSPACE URLS and WEBSITES DISPLAYING YOUR WORK.

I dont want to bore you, so feel free to check out some of the snippets we are posting online by clicking the Rest In Beats image below.

Looking forward to making it happen with you!

Opiyo Okeyo
    (oh, feel free to comment on my wall with any questions. Ciao!)

CLICK IMAGE BELOW FOR MORE INFO!!
    Rest In Beats: Film Project
  • November 15, 2008 3:18 PM PST

hey there... you can listen to some of my works on: www.myspace.com/cosminmarza

maybe
    this would fit into your works

• December 7, 2008 6:27 AM PST

Im a new up and coming film composer, Im an upcoming graduate of Delaware State University, seeking an opportunity to score indy films for credit on the film. Here are few of my compositions for your listening pleasures.
    http://www.mp3.com/artist/DPRECORDS/songs/

• December 19, 2008 4:29 PM PST

www.myspace.com/emilycarmen

www.reverbnation.com/emilycarmen

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Emily-Carmen/21852042881

• January 31, 2009 3:47 PM PST

What types of music are you looking for exactly?

• February 4, 2009 12:12 AM PST

Hey whats up everyone! Thanks for the inquiries. I've heard some amazing work from folks on here.

Heres a list of artists that have a sound similar to what we'd like to bed under the film:

Bjork
    Radiohead
    Little Dragon
    James Brown
    J-Dilla
    Neptunes
    Swizz Beats
    Erik Satie
    Sigur Ro
    Phoenix
    Steely Dan
    70s sound
    Stereo Lab
    Aphex Twinz
    90s Janet Jackson

Its a gumbo, but mainly think 70s...feel free to shoot me any questions.

Thanks!
    Opiyo
    Rest In Beats: Film Project

• February 10, 2009 12:57 PM PST

Hi :)

www.myspace.com/jamiegrayhaze

I see you like Radiohead.. really good band they are.

Cheers,

Jamie

x

• February 13, 2009 7:37 PM PST

www.mediafire.com/stephenmonslow    i'm a student i have lots of free time i make you whatever you want. max/msp experience if you like my old music maybe you'll let me make you some new stuff... my email is therealmonzy@googlemail.com

• April 5, 2009 2:09 PM PDT

hmmmm.... interesting documentary u got going on there. it so happens that i listen to just about EVERYONE u've listed there in your post. i have some things posted on my page right now... class projects and whatnot. feel free to have a look. and while you're at it, peep the music i do in other genres....

myspace.com/somekindofotherness

myspace.com/thepeacemovement

myspace.com/kasiembaokewyo

myspace.com/peeniemusic

peace&blessings

• April 30, 2009 10:21 AM PDT

I have a glitch-hop piece that may work with the feel you are going for? I can send you it if you would like? Id like to get more involved with working with filmmakers so would be great if you could use some of my stuff.

thanks

Andy

• April 30, 2009 2:33 PM PDT

Hi there, I work in a few different genres that may be of some use,

my myspace is www.myspace.com/glynevans

If theres anything there that you like but needs to be reworked slightly for your piece feel free to send a message at glyn.evans@hotmail.com

Hope this helps and all the best!

Glyn

• May 10, 2009 3:06 AM PDT

I have some stuff here you might like: www.myspace.com/davyberryman

I'd happily compose new music specifically for the film too if you wish.

Davy

• May 12, 2009 6:20 PM PDT

Hi.

I am Hakim Callier eldest son of film score composer Rick Callier. You can find out more about me and my work at www.hakimcallier.com and you may hear more music at www.hakimcallier.bandcamp.com.

-Hakim

• June 7, 2009 12:05 PM PDT

Hi im Charlie Armour and i produce and compose classical film scores, I have made a few films this year, im seeking new projects

here is a link to the work i do

www.myspace.com/classicarmour

www.aswangmovie.com

www.imdb.com/

• June 7, 2009 5:55 PM PDT

Greetings!

I thought you might find this both helpful and interesting...
    Special orders always welcome :)
      Royalty Free Original Guitar pieces for scoring, Web, Radio, TV or Sampling use. Prices start at $1.99!

From Country to Classical and World Music to Rock!
      www.guitaroline.com

Thanks for spreading the news!

Lairr, Owner
      www.guitaroline.com

p.s: If you like New York City Original Jazz www.myspace.com/guitarpillbox