Forums » Film Festivals and Filmmaking Contests

Roy W. Dean Grant Fall Grant Deadline 9/30. Apply and Get Free

• September 14, 2012 1:29 PM PDT

The Roy W. Dean Film Fall Grant deadline for applicants is September 30th, 2012.  All entries must be postmarked by that date.  Now, in its 20th year, the grant seeks films that are unique and make a contribution to society.  One winner will receive over $20,000 in goods and services from heart felt industry donors to help a filmmaker complete their project.  Included in that amount is this year’s new addition of $1,000 cash.   

But, just by applying, you get something very valuable.  Your project will be reviewed by Carole Dean, the bestselling author of “The Art of Film Funding”.   The book is now in its 2nd edition and is a how-to for raising funds.   As president of From The Heart Productions, the home of the Roy W. Dean Grant, she has helped guide many productions from inception to finished product.   She will read each proposal and view every trailer.   Then, she will personally call each applicant back and discuss with them:

·       How to improve the submission for future grants, investors, and festivals.

·       Tips on how to improve their trailer.

·       Ways to fund their film.

Many filmmakers book time with her and pay for her in demand consultations.  But, when you apply for the grant, applicants her receive her condensed version of constructive advice for free.   From The Heart Productions is also a fiscal sponsor for many projects on its own and through Indiegogo.com.  Carole has provided the same advice for them and they have an excellent record of fund raising success. 

The Roy W. Dean Film Grant is offered three times a year and often filmmakers apply to all of them.  And, each time, most projects improve with Carole’s help.  They figure out a way to win or to get funding.   In fact, some just enter to get Carole to look at their work. 

“I entered the Roy Dean Grant to get the free consultation with Carole Dean.  I feel I know her from her book.  She gave me some great ideas on improving my application and outlined some brilliant funding concepts.”

Mary Jane Allen

From The Heart Productions is a 501(c) non-profit.  All entry fees go back into efforts to help other filmmakers realize their dreams.  For more information on the grant, please go to www.fromtheheartproductions.com style="font-size: small;">.