Forums » General Forum

COVID-19 Heroes Speak: Call for Submissions

• 2 posts
    May 24, 2020 9:27 PM PDT

Over the past few months at PROJECTIONS and other media platforms we’ve seen powerful images from photographers of caregivers and frontline workers dealing with COVID-19. The photos and the photographers have been searing in being a voice for these unsung heroes.

Now it’s time for the caregivers to speak for themselves!

PROJECTIONS, as you know is about showcasing the vision and voice of artists. For one special evening we’d like to capture and showcase the voice of these frontline workers - raw, uncut and without interpretation.

HERE’S THE ASSIGNMENT:

We’d like you to interview a person in your personal world who’s working in these difficult times. It could be a healthcare worker, police, firemen, postal worker, baker, food store employee, UPS / FedEx delivery person, doorman, cabdriver, transit worker - you get the idea. Anyone who’s currently working that makes us feel safe, proud and we’re compelled to thank.

Your clip should be no longer than 90 sec. as we’d like to air as many as we can. We want to know what these frontline workers are feeling, why they put themselves in harm’s way, what scares them, what motivates them, their own sacrifice, etc.

Please do so carefully and maintain social distancing. This can be achieved in person, on a Zoom call or FaceTime. You can have them simply record themselves - what they want to share - and send it directly to us using this link:

https://spaces.hightail.com/uplink/starstoNYPlease pass this along to others in your local and global network and help us capture something truly special. It can be in a foreign language, simply submit with English subtitles.

If we don’t have your email please send me a note and we’ll get you connected.

Deadline for submission is June 5th. If you have questions feel free to contact me at frank@thephotocloser.com.

• 397 posts
    May 25, 2020 3:55 AM PDT

Hello and welcome to the forum! 

Thank you for posting and good luck everyone with the assignment! 

• 2 posts
    May 25, 2020 10:17 AM PDT

Thank you Maura, 

If anyone has any questions let me know.