Forums » Film Festivals and Filmmaking Contests

The Berlin Sci-fi online @xerbtv

• November 26, 2020 5:11 AM PST

Personal Details

• About Me The Berlin Sci-fi has a passion for independent & international science-fiction films. This year has tested everyone in the industry, filmmakers and festival curators alike. But the importance is to adapt and keep fighting and moving forward. The Berlin Sci-fi will take place from Nov 27 to Dec 6th online @xerbtv
      https://xerb.tv/channel/berlinscififilmfest/virtual-events - Why not grab your spacesuit and popcorn and pull up a seat.
    • 397 posts
    November 26, 2020 9:45 AM PST

I am happy to see that events are still happening, despite this harsh situation generated by the pandemic. 

• 29 posts
    November 30, 2020 5:39 AM PST

We must be thankful for having the online in such tough times and it is great that the industry adapts and not all events are cancelled - just moved online. Workshops can still be seen online but it is weird without having to socialize with other people 

• 55 posts
    December 16, 2020 1:47 AM PST

2020 was a disaster for most events, very few managed  to pull out an alternative approach and move online

• December 16, 2020 2:46 AM PST

Every statement above is true. We worked hard to make the shift, make it feel like a community and make it work. What I lobe about independent filmmakers and film festivals ( the guys that don't have government subsidies and grants - like us), is that you use your creativity to make it happen and it is that, that inspires me for all my years in the business to keep going. I want to go live again, but we will stay and use the online theatre as a tool to support and hopefully gain fans and friends around the world. We didn't do workshops this year as it was hard enough making the festival look cool and getting a Hang-out Space for filmmakers to talk and fans to ask questions. Next year, we plan to add a regular program 1-hour program even, bi-monthly at first and we will see how it goes. Discussions on 'the difficulties of filming under restriction' for one-two winners of a BorisFX will talk with one of the Boris Team about the pros, cons and joys of working with such a VFX package. 2020 is closed, but 2021 is going to be open from January 1st and we are working with XERB.TV to improve the platform and presentation of content. Merry Christmas to all and lets take our Dystopian Present and create a Utopian Future. Prost aus Berlin....

• 397 posts
    December 16, 2020 2:47 AM PST

Merry Christmas, Anthony! Looking forward to see more projects from you in 2021!

• December 16, 2020 2:53 AM PST

LIkewise Maura,

Stay strong, well and happy. May your Christmas be filled with joy despite all that is going on around is and let's hope 2021 seems the clouds roll away and the sunshine through.