Forums » Producing

What are the biggest challenges for a producer?

• 55 posts
    December 16, 2020 1:53 AM PST

I was thinking in the past days about this topic. In your opinion, what is the biggest challenge for a producer?

• 40 posts
    December 16, 2020 2:23 AM PST

I believe is getting the funds you need to start your project 

• 397 posts
    December 16, 2020 2:46 AM PST

There are many challenges that a producer needs to face. He is responsible for the success of the movie, he needs to struggle to get development funding, raise the production cost, convince cinema owners to play his movie. He also needs to come with a good social media strategy. 

• 22 posts
    April 20, 2021 1:29 AM PDT

Money talks...no money, no movie. Unless everyone volunteers to do a great job

• 26 posts
    May 24, 2021 12:03 AM PDT

Yes money is very important and hard to get but so is getting the project done until deadline...the producer needs to take responsibility for so much and get it all done in time

• July 2, 2021 11:31 AM PDT

In my humble experience, raising money for a film is quite an effort// and often the time and energy spent funding is the exact time and energy I had to get through film production in the first place. << Spoken like a true greenhorn. There certainly is a long term process behind funding that experienced producers, financially involved actors, and directors are aware of.. and I am still learning. Yet, I don't think raising money is the biggest challenge. Finding, developing, or becoming part of a production team that understands and agrees upon the same goals~ both financially and ideologically, is very difficult and in many circles~ not even expected. That is the biggest challenge I can imagine: Making the right team of people to help you with these important and difficult tasks. Getting the right people in the same room at the same time brainstorming. I feel like if I can get the right group of folks together and we consider ourself a team~ each person having a separate skill set, career experience, their own network, expanded community, and fully committed~ The money part is in the bag.

This post was edited by Joshua Curriculum at July 2, 2021 11:35 AM PDT
    • 397 posts
    July 2, 2021 11:39 AM PDT
    Joshua Curriculum said:

In my humble experience, raising money for a film is quite an effort// and often the time and energy spent funding is the exact time and energy I had to get through film production in the first place. << Spoken like a true greenhorn. There certainly is a long term process behind funding that experienced producers, financially involved actors, and directors are aware of.. and I am still learning. Yet, I don't think raising money is the biggest challenge. Finding, developing, or becoming part of a production team that understands and agrees upon the same goals~ both financially and ideologically, is very difficult and in many circles~ not even expected. That is the biggest challenge I can imagine: Making the right team of people to help you with these important and difficult tasks. Getting the right people in the same room at the same time brainstorming. I feel like if I can get the right group of folks together and we consider ourself a team~ each person having a separate skill set, career experience, their own network, expanded community, and fully committed~ The money part is in the bag.

You are right, building the right team is a real challenge that is encountered regardless of the level you are on in this industry. :)