Forums » General Forum

Kdenlive

• December 18, 2009 12:33 PM PST

[blockquote] said:

Kdenlive (KDE Non-Linear Video Editor) (pronounced /ˌkeɪdɛnˈlaɪv/)[1][2] is a non-linear video editor based on the MLT Framework that focuses on flexibility and ease of use. The project was initially started by Jason Wood in 2002, and is now maintained by a small team of developers.[3]

Kdenlive supports all of the formats supported by FFmpeg (such as QuickTime, AVI, WMV, MPEG, and Flash Video), and also supports 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios for both PAL, NTSC and various HD standards, including HDV. Video can also be exported to DV devices, or written to a DVD with chapters and a simple menu.[4][5]

The developers of Kdenlive have moved on from the KDE 3 version (which wasn't originally made for MLT) and moved on to KDE 4 with an almost complete rewrite.

Kdenlive packages are freely available for GNU/Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X under the terms of GNU General Public License version 2 or any version later.

Features

Some features included in version 0.7 include: interface based on KDE's Oxygen style, capture from FireWire cameras, webcams and Video4Linux devices, grab video from your screen (screen capture), support for jog shuttle devices, independent rendering processes, interactive timeline operations, high definition editing, lossless formats and clip organization / location tools.[6]

Kdenlive makes use of a number of frameworks to provide a range of audio and video effects and transitions, including MLT, Frei0r effects, SoX and LADSPA.

Audio effects include normalization, phase and pitch shifting, limiting, volume adjustment, reverb and equalization filters amongst others.

Video effects include options for masking, blue-screen, distortions, rotations, colour tools, blurring, obscuring and others.

[/blockquote]

Has anyone tried it before? What do you think about it?

I found this yesterday, while browsing the internet in search of drivers for my Dell XPS, but I was unable to install them all on Windows 7, or even XP. Just Vista. I totally dislike Vista, so I installed Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala, and to my delight, it came with all the drivers I needed. Video, Sound, Webcam, FingerPrint, etc. The next thing I did was to install Kdenlive, mostly out of curiosity. At a first glance, it looked interesting, but I haven't got the chance to try it yet. How about you?

• August 22, 2009 8:23 AM PDT

Daca tot o are de ce sa n'o folosim? :3